Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Getting Serious...

All along I knew I was slack and getting lazy since the beginning of 2004. Although I managed to complete even more marathons in 2005 and 2006, it did not help me in maintaining my waistline. Yes man, my waistline had expanded and my weight had increased. I even had high colesterol level!! It is so unbelievable. But somehow, my friends and colleagues do not believe me. They even think that I can afford to put on more weight and that I'm a very fit person. Maybe that is why it's getting very difficult for me to wake up early in the morning to do my runs. I just don't have that same kind of determination, commitment as before. So today, I decided I needed to do something drastic. To give myself no choice.

I went down to California at Bugis Junction after work and signed up for a shoe locker @ S$21/- per month for a minimum of 3 months. Then, I changed and left my boots and uniform in the shoe locker before I headed home. Tomorrow morning, I'll have no choice but to go to California to change into my uniform. But before I do that, I shall go sweat it out in the gym first. After work, I shall go back to California, change to my work-out attire, do my gym work-out before I go home. Hopefully, I can get into this rhythm. And if I manage to do so continuously for the next 3 months, I'm sure I'll get back my toned body and fitness. And hopefully, I'm able to reduce my waistline as well. :)

**********

I've decided to go for the 30km KL Pacesetter. But as supporter. Let's be serious. I'm never going to be interested to do any overseas run that's less than the full marathon distance. So it will be best if I could lend my support. And I think for this time round, it will be easier for the photographer as most of the runners are doing the 30km distance and I just need to station myself at the same position, unlike the 2006's KL Marathon, where I had to shuffle between the full and half marathon finishing lines. :) Can be quite shack!!!

**********

This evening, before I went to California, I stopped by at Transinex to make a deposit for my overseas trip to Rome. And I'm still deciding if I should fly back 3 days later. Seriously, this trip is quite expensive. So I should spend more time in the magnificent city of Rome. Then again, I'm pretty serious about doing 1 marathon in every continent as my goal for this year. Since I have been to Rome before, I should perhaps stick to my original plan of a 5-day trip. I will decide before CNY. I also managed to get the schedule from Singapore to Johannesburg, South Africa. If I go to South Africa, it will be for 1 week or longer. And I'll apply for my leave in Feb. Taking that into account, I must do even more serious consideration...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

someone is doing the 20km hor ..... think u still need to move between the 20km or 30km route liao