Thursday, October 23, 2008

Preparing For Chosunilbo Chuncheon Marathon

My right knee still hurts after resting for more than 2 weeks since I fell almost at the end of October's BG Run. Although the doctor said there was no fractured from the X-Ray taken, I was still worried if I could run in Chuncheon in 3 days time. I was not hopeful and was extremely worried as the cut-off time for Chuncheon Marathon was rather stringent at 5 hours. :( But there's nothing else I could do. Ended up doing some research on the marathon course. Looking at the elevation chart (see below) provided in the event website, it seemed to be a flat course with only one significant hill at the start of the race between the 2km to 4km mark where one had to climb from 0m to slightly more than 25m. If this is indeed the kind of terrain that will be faced by runners, then I should be able to meet the 5-hour cut-off time even in my current condition.


No comments: