Sunday, September 21, 2008

Closure Of BG Run...

Went for BG run with SGRunners this morning. The run was actually scheduled on the 2nd Sunday of every month but due to the Swing KPE Run the previous Saturday, it was postponed to this week instead. I took a lift from ckoksing, who was staying behind where I stayed in Simei. We left Simei at about 630am and reached BG at around 650am.

After a short intro to each other (for those who were running BG for the 1st time), we started off at about 710am. As usual, I was covering almost at the rear, with cfred84 and tiwazz behind me. I knew tiwazz was going to be behind me as he would always act as the sweeper. Besides, he was getting old although he was still a few days/months younger than me! But cfred84 was right behind me too! Either he was trying to eat snake by running at my slow pace or he was just plain lazy or ......... [Thanks, cfred84, appreciate your kind action.] It was a nice morning and the weather was great. At Scotts Road, I decided that I needed a short-cut and not ran the planned 15km route, so I informed the rest and Le_charlotte, who was leading the group to the best of her ability. To my astonishment, everyone else decided to follow me back to BG! In the end, we covered approximately 13km in 1 hour 33 minutes. I hope I was not a bad influence to the running group but I couldn't stop feeling responsible in a big way. :(

That afternoon, I read about tiwazz's decision to close down BG run for good. I felt sad and speechless. In a way, BG run was my connection to the rest of SGRunners. I met many members through the monthly BG run and we had so much fun running as well as eating (after the run). While I was still able to meet new friends by either taking part in events or supporting by taking pictures, BG run defined this connection I had. I guess I must learn to let go. Or take up the challenge of organising the monthly BG run from now onwards. Will I succeed? Only time will tell. I hope so.

No comments: