Saturday, March 15, 2008

There’s a reason trees don’t bother growing above 12,000'!!!

That's the tagline for the marathon in Colorado in the event webpage. It continued to say: "Makes one wonder if trees are smarter than runners. Above treeline most runners take 30 minutes or more, some much more, just to cover a mile. What little air remains can’t satisfy the endless stream of zombies hoping only to survive their next step—a death march right out of a scene from Dawn of the Dead. Adding insult to injury, it might start to snow!" No wonder it is also known as America's Ultimate Challenge. In fact, it could be one of the toughest marathon in the world, if not the toughest!

********************
14 Mar 2008
Got an email from Matt Carpenter this morning. He was the webmaster of the event website. He asked that I must submit a name without a comma. This was due to his program which was unable to accept a name that contained a "comma". Technology, could help us in many ways but it could also pose restrictions that was so ridiculous and unreasonable. Well, I'm not about to let such restriction irked me. So I replied to Matt how I would like my name to appear. I ended off my email by asking if he was last year's Pikes Peak male champion. He replied: "Yes". Cool!!! Hope to meet him in person. You can see from his email of his unique sense of humour. :p

********************
15 Mar 2008
Came back from a super short run this morning and tried checking for any updates to my registration. There was a note about Confirmation List and Wait List. I was very excited! Hope it's updated - I thought to myself. The Confirmation List had a list of runners' names. I clicked on the K alphabet. My name was not there. I went to the T alphabet but my name was not listed. So the last option was the L alphabet. Yes! My name was there! And under the "Qualify" column, there was a YES!!! Hahaha... My patience had paid off!!! Okie okie. I should not get too excited. Will now focus on my earlier events and only worry about this at least after the Sundown Night Marathon in end May.

No comments: