Friday, August 12, 2011

National Day City Run

I decided to join the F1 Runners for the City Fun Run on our National Day (8 Aug).  It was 8 days after my exertions at the CDR and I reckoned it was time for me to do some light running.  I reached Dhoby Ghaut MRT at around 6.30am and walked towards the park opposite the previous Le Meridian Hotel.  But instead of F1 runners in their red/white singlet, I saw many cardboard robots with red/white background!  I decided to take a photo to prove that I was there!  :p  Then I messaged Lexus to inform him that I couldn't find him and that I was going back.  But after confirming my location, I was told to stay at where I was (the water feature opposite entrance to Istana) to wait for the runners.  Soon, I saw a group of runners in familiar red/white singlet running towards me.  :)


This was the beginning of our 10km City Run.  After taking some photos, we next stopped at Cathay cinema, SOTA School of Arts, Singapore Art Museum / St Joseph's Institution, old Raffles Hotel, WWII Memorial Park, Esplanade Park, Merlion, Marina Bay Sands, CBD, UOB Plaza (where the Fat Bird flew), for many more photo shooting opportunities.  It was extremely hard and strange to see Lexus not pushing anyone for a run!  In fact, it was those serious runners like Karin and Lijun who were more determined to get a good workout from the morning session.  :)  After our last photo shoot at the bridge just before the Asian Civilisations Museum, we continued our run along River Valley Road, Clemenceau Avenue, Penang Road and back to starting point opposite Regency Park.  All in all, the very short 10.5km route took us slightly more than 3 hours to complete.  Personally, I thought we had too much fun taking photos.  But I was fine having fun.  It was also really nice to meet other runners from another running group, especially Hazel, whom I had not meet for the past 6 months!  She promised to arrange for a makan cum kopi session with the rest of the gang soon.  I shall patiently wait and see.  :)  As for the next proper training session, well, I would be taking active rest till I feel sufficiently re-charged and ready to run again!




No comments: